Ariana Torti – Naturopathic Osteopath and Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
Ariana came to holistic health because conventional 20th century medicine (allopathy) could not help with her chronic pain and fatigue syndrome labelled, as much as dismissed as, “fibromyalgia”.
She completed a medical sciences Masters Degree in Osteopathic Medicine to implement her vision of holistic health. Prior to her reconversion into healthcare, Ariana worked in pressurised office positions. Her experience of stress in the workplace gives her insight on how best to support individuals who wish to balance health goals with their lifestyle.
Ariana has continued with her professional development to specialise in the Functional Medicine approach.
- Masters Degree in Osteopathy – M.Ost
- Diploma in Osteopathy
- Diploma in Naturopathy
- ITEC Level 3 in Holistic Massage
Ariana completed the Applying Functional Medicine in the Clinical Field (AFMCP™-UK) training in London in 2018 and is a Member of the Institute of Functional Medicine.
She also trained in Osteopathy in the Cranial field through the Sutherland Cranial College of Osteopathy in London in 2018.
Areas of Specialism/ Interest:
- Chronic conditions: Ariana has a keen interest in supporting patients who suffer with challenging conditions that require patience and understanding. These include fibromyalgia and insomnia for which she favours a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Visceral osteopathy: Pain may be trapped or originate from our bowels. Ariana treat the person holistically, to release blockages.
- The Functional Medicine model: Functional Medicine takes into account every area of a person’s life, from the physical to the psychological and social environment. Functional medicine focuses on the root causes of imbalances in the body, rather than firefight on symptoms. Ariana’s personalised treatment plans are based on understanding the individual’s health goals, removing the causes of imbalances, and helping them achieve optimal wellness, whether they are elderly, incapacitated following an injury, training for a marathon or starting up on their journey to fitness. Bespoke treatment plans consider lifestyle, nutritional deficiencies and exercise in combination with manual therapy, such as joint mobilisation and soft tissue manipulation.
Ariana graduated with a Masters Degree in Osteopathy from the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in Hampstead, London. She won prizes in Visceral Osteopathy and Psychology. Her research project was on the treatment of insomnia without medication, using osteopathy and hydrotherapy. She originally trained as a secondary school teacher. She then worked for international companies where she was responsible for corporate training, project management and business development. She has a polished, yet personable approach which helps relax nervous individuals and generates long-term loyalty amongst her returning patients. She favours comprehensive consultations and thorough treatments; her sessions time reflect her approach.
She enjoys alternative rock music, history, literature, yoga and Pilates. She is a native French speaker and consultations may also be carried out in French as required.
Natasha Beauharnais – Clinic Manager
Natasha has gained a rich and varied experience in a number of management roles spanning from hospitality to fast-consumer-goods corporations, to medical companies and charitable organisations focusing on enhancing the lives of individuals living with disabilities through technology. We are fortunate that Natasha has joined Signature Health as our Clinic Manager extraordinaire. Natasha will be delighted to take your calls and greet you at our cosy reception. Natasha is also training as a foot health practitioner. Watch this space !